Monday, December 28, 2009

Leaf Vacuum Mulcher Can The Toro Ultra Blower/vacuum/mulcher Suck Up Acorns Without Damaging The Impeller?

Can the Toro Ultra blower/vacuum/mulcher suck up acorns without damaging the impeller? - leaf vacuum mulcher

I desperately need a leaf blower / vacuum / shredder for the incredible amount of leaves and acorns in my garden ... but I'm afraid I will destroy the turbine or engine with all the acorns. I have two oak trees 50 + years of my fate - a red, oak - and they produce a large number of acorns in my garden! More red oak has lost all its leaves every autumn last year by more than 50 garbage bags full of leaves 30 gallons unmulched the tree!

Who knows if the Toro Ultra can handle that type of use is mainly in a position to so many acorns, without damage to treat? You can also suggest a blower / vacuum / shredder that can handle?

Thank you!

1 comment:

Jo M said...

My old neighbors are obsessed with their lawns and the use of lawn behind a vacuum to collect leaves and acorns. I do not know what brand or model had.

You should check the manual that you recommend for certain models that you plan to see what they do. Many of them are available online.

As for me, take leaves with the mower and rake in the flowers and shrubs, and make the lawn more and smaller every year.

I like the crunch of acorns under my feet - but the horns are relatively small, southern red oak. "I would not with something as big as a lot of Bur oak acorns!

Post a Comment