Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weatherproof Stereo Receiver -marine What Size Power Supply (AC To DC Converter) Do I Need For A Car Stereo?

What size power supply (AC to DC converter) do I need for a car stereo? - weatherproof stereo receiver -marine

I'm going to a car radio in a waterproof box to connect to my porch and I need a power source to find it to run. I have something I made in the wall plug 12-volt power sufficient to run the stereo mode.

How many amps have to avoid tripping on the disc to produce? Most of which I at Radio Shack, etc. looking to produce about 10 amps. Is it enough? I will connect 2 Bose indoor / outdoor speakers, in combination, and that's all.

Suggestions for a reasonably small amount, the force that can do the trick?

3 comments:

Electhro said...

It's easy to just buy an electric current AC / DC 12-14V, and 5.10 A. It should work fine. You can also find computer case power supplies that work well to isolate only slightly with the power supply too.

Poor one said...

Ideally, regarded as outside of the plate.

Unfortunately 12v automotive equipment often give the power to enter, or is the next best way to measure connected to a battery. A cheap multimeter to measure DC amps.

Choose a diet that is slightly larger than what you measure. Make sure Hum otherwise well-regulated and may even damage something.

10 amp really seems more than adequate. I used to be the team car CB of 13.8 V, 5A regulated, they are sold in the same place as the band radios, and probably do carry out their work.

KaeZoo said...

For a standard CD in the car dash, a power supply 10 amps to be more than sufficient. Since you are on two speakers, including a 5 A power is not likely to lead to work.

Here is one of the 6 A and 10 A real estate for a decent price:

http://www.adleraudio.com/web/mdl/PS8KX/ ...
http://www.adleraudio.com/web/mdl/PS12KX ...

Post a Comment